Saturday, October 31, 2009

OH GOD THE PAIN

9.94 is close enough to 10 to call it 10, right?

Yes. Yes it is.

I printed off the route the group did last week, but the map was pretty small and didn't show street names, so I wrote all the street names at the bottom.

Too bad I forgot a couple of the streets. Oops!

Erin and I had to improvise some today on account of me not knowing exactly where we were going a bunch of the time. I don't even know what we did. We just ran around a lot in the general vicinity of the course from last week. And miraculously we wound up running within 0.06 miles of our target.

OK, this is what I will say...ten miles hurts. It doesn't matter how many weekly runs you do or how far your last long run was...the first time you hit ten miles in a training program, there is PAIN involved. 18,598 steps = feet hurting. 1:54:18 = mind hurting. 858 calories = stomach...well, not hurting, but hungry.

I will now go find lots and lots of food to eat and maybe go to bed for an hour or so (only the first part of this sentence is true).

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep at it darling! Your doing something right if your in pain! That's what I say anyway! Did you gwt new running shoes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten new shoes yet! I'm going to run tonight and see how my feet feel. If they hurt at all I'll go buy shoes tomorrow. The ones I have now are pink, but the colors change every time they make a newer model of the shoe. So who knows what I'll wind up with?! I'll miss the pink. :(

    ReplyDelete