Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Two in a row!

I've never quite understood how it is that, in running two nights in a row, the first night is always worse than the second. It makes no sense. I've never tried three in a row, because that seems foolhardy, but I'll do it one of these days just to see how it is. Not this week, though, because I have a race on Saturday.

This was the last run of the week, then, and today's complaint: Last weekend I did a surprisingly juvenile job on my sunscreen application before sitting by the pool for two hours and reading Harry Potter. The result? Patches of burned skin at random intervals all over my body. One such area is my stomach right where the elastic of my shorts hits. Not. Comfortable.

It was an okay run today. Not the best ever but, you know, you take what you can get. Two miles, 22:21 (11:20 on the first mile; I'm nothing if not consistent), and the hills were split evenly between the good and the bad. Half the time I felt weightless. The other half I felt like DEATH. But the last hill fell on the side of weightless so...progress (?).

More on cross-training tomorrow. I should probably do something towards that tonight and maybe if I write it here, I'll be guilted into doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment