Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Was it easier to run two miles knowing that I was going to blog about it?

No.

Nor was I doing myself any favors with that casserole stuff I ate before I left tonight (which was supposed to be made with ricotta but I substituted goat cheese...PROBABLY NOT THE BEST IDEA I'VE EVER HAD).

And then my iPod, without warning or provocation, died suddenly at about 0.1 miles. Having already started running, and far away as I was from my car anyway, this left me to run the remaining 1.9 miles with my earphones in place and iPod around my arm but (tragically) no music.

There were certainly things about this run that could have gone better.

Yet, oddly enough, my pace was unaffected. I did 2 miles in 22:27 (11:19/11:08) which, frankly, is about as fast as I can push myself to go under any circumstances.

So WELL DONE, SELF, for triumphing in the face of great obstacles. I always want to stop after a mile and a half and usually I pick some peppy song to take me home. Today, I was propelled to the end only by sheer willpower, and also a burning desire to get home and take a shower before NOVA started at 7:00.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I've earned myself a Bud Light.

4 comments:

  1. Becky:

    I love our blog. You are so damned funny! Keep it up!

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah! hahaha! Goat cheese for ricotta!! You crack me up. John once had about a quart of ricotta cheese left over from the vegetarian lasagna he made me. I ate quite a bit of it on saltines. That was also a bad idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA!! That's awesome. I guess there are instances in which certain cheeses do not taste as wonderful as you might think! I just have this thing about goat cheese and I thought I was being all artistic by switching out ingredients. APPARENTLY NOT. :)

    ReplyDelete