Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back in the saddle.

Two days with no running. Two!! I realize I go two days without running every week, but I never go the two days that I went without this week, and especially not when going only one day without after Saturday's long run (if you can follow that sentence). It's wreaking havoc on me! I feel like I haven't run in ages and ages, even though "ages" is really only 48 hours. Or is it 72? It's too hard to do complicated math, like "counting days," after a run...

Not much to report about today's run, either. Except that I was AWESOME. Three miles in 33:55 (11:24/11:16/11:15). So is the slump over?! Er, considering this Saturday's run is going to be 8 miles (!!), I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

And since today marks one month since I started this blog, I will officially record my Month 1 total miles run as 47.5. I would like to think that next month's total will be a bit higher, but maybe not because I have a vacation and a reunion coming up in October and the running might take a hit there for a while. But who knows? We'll see!

4 comments:

  1. i rekon you can hit at least 48 ;)

    Happy 1 month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I ran that extra half a mile somewhere along the way. :) THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude that's pretty even running time! Keep it up!

    Pussy wants to see you hit 67 miles next months! Shes kida feeling that number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A goal! Alright 67, it is, although Pussy expects a lot from me. :) If we keep upping the mileage the way we have been on Saturday mornings I might go a lot higher than I think!

    ReplyDelete