Thursday, September 17, 2009

I contemplated running last night...

...but it was raining. I believe it has rained at least once every day for the past week now. Or if I'm just making that up, then it's rained every day except one (that one being today...so far). We haven't seen the sun in days and days and days...

So no running yesterday. But yes cross-training. And Daily Show-watching. And, er, what else did I do last night? Obviously it was of little importance.

Today it was AGAIN a dripping 80% humidity, the threat of rain imminent, but onward I went.

I ate lunch with my mom today and I had fish and chips and a high-caloric beverage, the combination of which weighed down my run. But onward I went.

And by God I was in a fix trying to come up with a proper playlist for today's outing but ONWARD I WENT.

The only real question today was...two miles or three? Answer: two. In 21:45 (I was deep in thought at the one mile mark so I have no idea how that breaks down). I stayed at two in part because my knees (both) are starting to feel the burden of the increasing pressure I've put on them lately and in part because of the brick of fish from lunch resting in my gut.

Oh, yes, it'll be two bags of ice tonight, one on each leg. But maybe some crunches, too. I don't know. I don't want to get too wild, doing them two nights in a row...but for some reason I'm feeling reckless this evening...

UPDATE: It's raining. And I've crunched. So there you go.

2 comments:

  1. I have a Wii Fit now! You can do running with it! I kinda good at it, well that's what the Wii tells me!

    I can't work out how far you run jut hoow many minutes and what % rate you get! Have no idea what that means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I wish I was closer 'cause I'd come over to watch you run! I've gotten fairly good at calculating my own pace...if you walk really fast, you'll do a mile in 15 minutes. Depending on how faster you're moving your legs, you could be getting a good run in! :D

    I'm still intrigued by Wii Fit. And if it keeps raining like this, it might be good to have something I can do indoors!

    ReplyDelete