Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What the frick, Daily Show?

Look, I have a system, alright? A schedule. I come home. I eat. I run. I get back in time to watch the previous night's Daily Show on Comedy Central at 7:00 pm. It's, like, this thing. That I do. Called a routine.

But oh. Oh oh. After a painful waiting period of three (3!) weeks whilst Jon Stewart and Co. took a merry late-summer break, they are back this week along with the announcement that from now on, the reruns will be shown at 6:00 pm.

Six pee-em! What am I supposed to do with SIX PM?

The only plausible benefit to this time shift is that it no longer pits The Daily Show against Countdown with Keith Olbermann, so no longer would I have to channel-surf during commercial breaks. Except OH WAIT, Comcast is evil and took MSNBC away from me and all other basic cable subscribers in the Memphis metropolitan area. Ergo, as of today, I have entered an era in which I am forced to watch all of my shows online. I mean, why even have a television?

(For NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, of course. And, sometimes, 18 Kids and Counting. Oh, and NOVA. And obvs I'll watch The Daily Show at 6:00 on the nights when I don't run...so really, there are many reasons to have a television.)

So there's that.

Also, I had all of these things that were going on this evening and I was being pulled in many directions, but then none of those things happened. And with this sudden freeing of my after-work hours, I could either stay home and watch The Daily Show or run. The part of me that feels an obligation to post on this blog chose to run. Go me.

I did 3 miles in 34:22. I tried to use the "lap" feature on my watch because I've never really understood what it is or why it's there but I thought maybe it would keep track of my lap times for me so I wouldn't have to remember each one as I crossed the mile marker. Whether or not this is the actual use of the lap feature, I still don't know. Despite my earnest button-punching this evening, I remain ignorant of how to use it, so I have no idea what my splits were.

The humidity was nice and oppressive tonight (80% according to Google). NOT an easy run. From about 1.25 miles on, there was nothing fun about it.

And...also of note...in the realm of personal achievement, I just added up my mileage and I've run just under 33 miles since I started this blog. That's...not as many as it feels like.

2 comments:

  1. I hate when they change things like that! You get use to shows being on at a certain time and then they change them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!! It worked out so perfectly when it was on at 7:00! I've been experimenting with staying up to watching the original airing at 10:00 pm, but doing that every day, along with running, and getting up early enough to be at work at 7:30 am...well, let's just say I'm tired. Damn those television schedulers!

    ReplyDelete