Monday, September 28, 2009

Is it time to run again already?

So remember last Monday when I was all, "Ugh, I suck and I'll never again run on a Monday after a long run on Saturday!" Well, that didn't so much work out. How was I to know that an exciting Beatles lecture would be coming to town this Tuesday (tomorrow!) and that I'd have to go to that (obviously!) instead of run after work? So I had to go today. And go I did. For three jaunty miles I loped along. Alright, I only loped through two of them. I sort of plodded through the last one. 33:33 (11:08/11:13/11:12) which, hey, check out that consistency, but again with me going out too fast on the first mile! I always seem to do that the first short run after a long run. Eventually I'll get the hang of it. Now I have to go so I can shower before Part 2 of Ken Burns' National Parks documentary comes on. Such are my priorities. (These entries seem to be getting shorter, don't they? Strange how difficult it is to make the same monotonous routine seem interesting day in and day out... And still 10 weeks to go until the half! The mind boggles at how Susie and I wrote about Jake for all those months.)

2 comments:

  1. 59 miles darling, way to go! I've been Wii Fitting most days now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling all 59 of them this morning. It was hard to crawl out of bed. :) Excellent on the Wii Fit action!! You should be burning tons of calories doing it that often!

    ReplyDelete