Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And I'm BACK IN THE GAME.

Four miles. Four long, arduous, clunky, agonizing, heavy miles. But FOUR MILES. Whew!

I ran them in 45:03, keeping a fairly steady 11:15 (or so) pace. Which, um, hello? When did I get so awesome?! And I thought I was going slowly! Not bad for eight days off. (Though I would suspect that getting out of bed tomorrow morning will be more difficult than usual.)

AND my feet are starting to hurt at the end of my runs. Five miles is about my limit for running without any sort of physical discomfort (I think I've mentioned that before) but I'm thinking this foot pain might be an indicator that I need new shoes. I just got shoes in April and generally only need a new pair every nine months. But I'm running more than usual so perhaps this pair is wearing out more quickly???

If it's not raining tomorrow (which it's supposed to be), then I will try for a 3-miler. We'll see how the feet are feeling then. In the meantime, I have some Miller High Life in the fridge and yesterday's Colbert Report to watch.

And OH YES. I just entered the triple digits on the mile counter. About damned time!

4 comments:

  1. Yay triple digits!!!! GOOD WORK MATE!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! But my GOD am I tired this morning. Yeesh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a number that gives me great pride, I'm not going to lie. ;)

    ReplyDelete