Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I am dressed and ready to go!

But I ain't going anywhere because it's raining. I thought I might be able to slip in a couple of miles in between showers but I apparently missed my window of opportunity. :(

The last time I ran was last Wednesday, meaning this is the longest I have gone without running since I've started training. When I run tomorrow, it will have been eight days! That's long enough that I've lost some conditioning and I'm sort of terrified that I'll be horrible all over again!!

The training group this week is falling back and only doing 5 miles on Saturday. Instead of running with them, Erin and I are going to forge ahead on our own and do the 10 mile run we missed last week. I'll have to see how tomorrow's run goes before deciding if I want to fit in one or two runs this week before I attempt a full 10 miles.

I did do a lot of walking this weekend...that's totally got to count for something. And I think clubbing until 3 am definitely qualifies as cross-training...

At least I'm going to keep telling myself that. Otherwise, I'd have to acknowledge how pathetically far I fell off the wagon this week. And, um, I'd rather not do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment