Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Love-Running-LESS Day

In a very calculated move, I got my flu shot yesterday (seasonal; I'm too old for swine just yet). I usually get mildly ill from flu shots so I decided to get one on a day when I wasn't planning to run. So what happened? I felt great yesterday, but I didn't run anyway. And then I woke up this morning feeling sick. OF COURSE.

I was feeling mostly alright by this afternoon but you know...some days I just hate running. I hate it! I don't want to do it and I wonder why I put myself through this. I don't know what triggered my feelings today, but man did I not want to run.

But I kept going. I did 5 miles (!) in 58:16. It's the first time I've run 5 miles after work and the first time I've run 5 laps in my park (4 is as much as I've ever done on either count). I was dragging by the end of the third mile so to mix things up I ran the last two laps in reverse. The course is harder that way; the uphills are stretched out longer and the downhills not as steep. It was difficult. I'm tired. The first of the reunion people are coming in tomorrow so this might be the last time I run this week.

I think I'll be OK with that.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry ive been really slack on the comments... i have been so busy (planning a wedding!) But im glad to see that you are still running- hating it or not. Point is your still doing it! AND i cant wait to hear about the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, don't worry about leaving me comments! :) I don't want you to feel obligated to (although I love it when you do!). Planning a wedding...Sam you always have so much going on!! You're awesome. ;) And the reunion...dude, it officially kicks off tonight and I have a feeling I'm going to have *a lot* of good stories. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude what can I say you should run more often when you don't want to! 5 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right?! How the hell did I do that?? It was a week ago now and I'm already baffled as to how I went that far... :)

    ReplyDelete