Monday, October 19, 2009

Back at it already.

Because I'll be missing this Saturday's long run, I need to run more during the work week than I usually do. Tonight I did four miles in 45:45. That kicks me over the 90-mile mark and as I was running this evening, I thought about how things have changed in the past two months or so.

And now I'll tell you about those things, via an enumerated list:

1. My lungs have caught up with me. Two miles, four miles, eight miles, whatever, as long as I keep a steady pace, I'm never out of breath.

2. I can run even when I don't feel great. I didn't sleep all that well last night and I was sneezing all day (ugh, fall allergies) and yet still I ran 4 miles today with no problems. And after a full day of work, no less.

3. My appetite has leveled off. When I first started training I was hungry all the time. I would just eat and eat and eat...but I don't get painfully hungry with no warning anymore. My body seems to have gotten used to me burning those extra calories.

4. The cross training has helped my posture. Stomach crunches are a life saver in stopping me from hunching over at the end of a run (and when sitting in front of a computer!).

5. I can stay up (a little) later and get up (a little) earlier. Weird, huh? I'm more awake when I'm awake (if that makes sense).

6. I generally feel better and have more energy. I also generally have nicer-looking legs.

So there you have it! Living proof that exercise does have health benefits. Now if I can just get my knees to adapt like the rest of me has...

No comments:

Post a Comment