Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting closer...

4.5 miles. 48:44. The thermometer in my kitchen reads 55, but it feels oh so much colder!

This was the first run of the season at the park in Bartlett. It's a flat course. Not a lot to look at. And the drive is a pain. Good thing there's only a month now until the half.

Actually, now that I think about it, it really is a month until the half. EXACTLY A MONTH. Good God.

The shoes were a little stiff, but then again new ones usually are during a first run. Let's hope I softened them up enough for Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. 55 cries! Wow almost 5 miles! Well done darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt good, too! I'd forgotten how flat that course was. The one I usually run at is way hilly...and much as I miss it in the dark of winter, I do not miss its hills!

    ReplyDelete