Saturday, November 21, 2009

I may or may not be living later this afternoon.

But since I'm alive at the moment...

FIFTEEN MILES.

Two hours, fifty-one minutes, two seconds. 28,020 steps. 1,285 calories. That is, by a full three miles, the farthest I have ever run in my life.

And I was alone for the last 4.5 miles. My running buddies turned around at about 10.5.

I'm not saying it wasn't incredibly painful. I'm not saying that my mind didn't completely lose all capacity for rational thought after 11 miles or so. I'm not saying that it wasn't one of the hardest things I have ever put my body through (though, oddly, I think the 12-miler two weeks ago was harder).

But right now I'm feeling pretty damned good.

Fifteen miles. Fuck yes.

(And the half is only 13.1. I've got this bitch!)

2 comments:

  1. Hell yaeh darling that what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH, BABY! I'm still celebrating a day later. I'm quite proud of myself! :D

    ReplyDelete