Saturday, September 5, 2009

Did the old leg hold up?

Yes. Quite admirably, too.

I'm not sure how far we ran this morning. The schedule called for 5 miles, and the map of this week's course put us at 5.3...but my pedometer read 5.84 when all was said and done. I also don't know how long we ran because I forgot to start my watch until somewhere around mile 2...whatever the final time, it was over an hour. By the time I walked back into my apartment this morning, I'd clocked 11,195 steps. Not bad for 7:25 a.m. on a Saturday.

It's strange...the first year I ran, when I was sick, I would always stop running. Last year, when I got cyclic vomiting syndrome over Sarah Palin, I adjusted to running through illness. This year, I've been running while sick on purpose in the hopes that it will make me feel better. It makes zero sense. But I've been warding off a sinus infection all week and the days that I run, I feel better than the days I don't. (God, what my shins will endure if I get swine flu...)

The only problem today was that my right knee suddenly blinded me with crippling pain somewhere in the third mile, but I think that was because I was running on the street and the surface was uneven. I moved to the sidewalk and was fine.

Wow, this blog is boring today. But so was the run. But in a GOOD WAY. Although now that the endorphins have worn off, I'm feeling a bit ill again. Man. If it's not one damned thing it's another.

OH. I should cross-train today, too. That'll make it an even three. I will do it. I will, I will. It's as if exercise is the police and I'm Paul's grandfather at the start of THIS CLIP. I'd say that's an accurate summation of both my relationship with cross-training and my current feelings of determination on the matter.

2 comments:

  1. Well you made it to the end even if you are falling aoart! Have a day of rest tomorrow! Watch Goldfinger :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a day of rest!! Goldfinger sounds wonderful...but in light of not owning it I might go with Goldmember instead... Not exactly the same but still entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete