Sunday, September 6, 2009

F-I-N-I-S-H

The finish photo. The moment of personal triumph. The runner crossing the finish line after a hard-run race, captured on camera for all to see.

Remember the elation I felt last Saturday? Was it only a week ago that I coasted through five miles in Overton Park and almost beat local celebrity Joe Birch? Oh, how I've wanted to see my finish photo from that race. 'Surely you will look fantastic!' I thought. 'Surely your accomplishment will be reflected in the graceful athleticism showcased in your finish photo.'

And what does my finish photo actually look like? Like this, my friends. THIS.

Who is this person? Why does she look like she's walking when I have it on good authority she was running? And I know she's getting ready to stop her watch (since she was a few second back from the starting line when the official clock got going and thus wants to know her actual time) but do her arms ALWAYS look like that?!?

Race photos. Nothing can suck the self-esteem right out of you after a good run like seeing what you looked like at the end of it. Dear. Lord.

6 comments:

  1. Lokks to me as if someone stole your gucci bag darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh PG the pic isnt THAT bad...it could have been worse- i guess!

    Sorry this is my first comment... i havnt had the chance yet to read everything but it is still on my list of things to do! Have you been over to NSP yet?! (not that there is too much there atm!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NRM - HA!

    Sam - You're probably right! Actually, I've seen worse pictures for sure, but it's just sad that that high of a good race is rarely reflected in pictures!

    And, erm, maybe I'm just being especially dense, but..NSP??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! No your not being dense... i made a blog! (not much there yet tho, forgive me!) www.nonsuchpalace.blogspot.com

    p.s. If you dont want me linking- make sure you delete this ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i even linked wrong.. im the dense one!

    http://nonsuchpalace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAN-TASTIC!! I just left you a comment over there. :D

    ReplyDelete