Thursday, September 3, 2009

Runner down!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. All that build up to my second run of the week and I'm laid up. Shin pain. Right leg. Damn.

This always happens to me. I hit a stride, up my mileage one week, and then either my knee(s) or my shin(s) will protest horribly. I'm not in so much pain that I *couldn't* run tonight, but I know from experience that if I *did* run, I would be incapable of running on Saturday. (That whole "run through the pain" thing always backfires.) The half-marathon training course this Saturday is five miles so...hmmm, yes, better to sit out running two miles tonight than to sit out five miles on Saturday.

Man. My stupid shin. It aches in the persistent, dull way that a shin aches when it decides it's tired of running up and down hills. It hurt a little yesterday but when I tested it out with a few barefoot laps around my desk in the office this morning, I knew I was in trouble. I'm disgusted with it. My shin is dead to me right now.

OH THE WOES OF RUNNING.

I'll just be over here with an ice pack and a towel soaked in Epsom salts. :(

P.S. Remind me of this next time I'm all peppy and think, 'yes, I should totally run twice as far as far as I usually do on a weeknight...'

P.P.S. OH GOD I don't have any ice made. Can this get any sadder? The wild peaks and troughs that have been chronicled in this blog this week...stunning. Absolutely stunning.

4 comments:

  1. See if only you saved that chocolate!

    You know what Pussy would say!

    "no pain, no gain, move it bitch and quit moaning!"

    LOL! I hate it when you get pains like that that just come and last for a day or so then leave as if nothing happend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! This is why I need Pussy to cheer me on until race day! :D

    I'm anxious to see how the run goes tomorrow. Five miles sounds like so long, although I keep reminding myself that that's how far I ran last Saturday and all was well. Wish me luck!!! Actually, by the time you read this, I may have already reported on how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I have a day off today so I saw this first thing! Good luck with the run today!

    This will keep you going! Pussy told me to tell you she's watching!

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cf/Pussy_Galore_by_Honor_Blackman.jpg/200px-Pussy_Galore_by_Honor_Blackman.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I'm talking about! Pussy's prodding me along every step of the way. ;D Thanks for the encouragement!!

    And ejoy your day off!! You should use the time to run! HAHA, I am TOTALLY KIDDING. I'm not sure why any of us runners do this to ourselves voluntarily. ;)

    ReplyDelete