Saturday, September 12, 2009

A No and A Yes

Best Buy did not get a shipment last night. Now I have to decide if I want to order a box set online, wait an undetermined amount of time for it to arrive (on account of it currently being sold out), and also pay for shipping...OR if I should go to Target this afternoon and buy all 14 CDs individually, exclusive box set packaging be damned. I told you my morning was going to be harrowing. I just had no idea the scope of the decisions that I would be forced to make.

But the run was good, though yet again I question the accuracy of Google's pedometer. I'm sure there are many, many steps added for every street crossing or sidewalk hopping that occurs during a run and those are things Google cannot take into consideration...at any rate, what Google said would be just over 6.5 showed up as exactly 6.9 on my pedometer at the end of our run.

I'm going with my number. Essentially seven miles today! Hooray! In 1:20:43. For the first time this year, my feet hurt by the end of the run. That's a sure sign that the mileage is starting to add up. My pedometer also told me that I burned 614 calories before 8:00 am. As such, I feel no guilt whatsoever over the half-bag of Snyder's of Hanover mustard pretzels I ate when I got home.

I do feel guilt, though, for slacking on my cross-training this week. Only once, so far. If I'm still ambulatory a little later this afternoon, I'll try to bump that number up. But right now I need to go lie down and mull over my musical problems...and perhaps ice my knee, just to be on the safe side...

1 comment:

  1. Dude that sucks when they say they'll get some next day and they don't!

    ReplyDelete