Monday, October 12, 2009

Man Oh Man

Not the best of days. It looks like I'll have even more time to run now since I no longer have a full-time job. As of next week, I'm a part-timer. Thank you, George W. Bush for ruining the economy. You're just the gift that keeps on giving!

So I was tired and down and miserable this afternoon...but I ran anyway, dammit! Because what's the use of being a runner if you don't run on days like today? Three miles in 35:38. I was a little off in my stride but who cares because I did it and I feel a lot better having done so.

By the way, my weekend was good, if not tiring, and I ate a lot of food that needs to be run off. So...more running tomorrow! (As long as it doesn't rain. Which, honestly, it probably will.)

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap! When you say part-time how many days is that? Hell thats horrible Becky! I guess the up side more time for book/blog and running... but mate thats really not cool. REALLY REALLY Hate GWB right now (more than normal!) keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling that sucks about your job! Many *puss och kram*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both of you!! I was really upset yesterday but I'm better today. I'll be working 4 days a week, and shorter hours those 4 days (8:00 - 4:30 instead of 7:30 - 5:00). So that gives me all of Friday off which I'll definitely use to try to be productive in some way (and attempt to find another job). But considering I only worked half a day on Friday anyway, it's not going to be that big of a change in my schedule...the main thing is the money. UGH.

    I'm trying not to get too down about it because at least I still have a job...but I did NOT see this coming!! And I still feel like everything is up in the air. Stupid U.S. economy...

    But I'm not even joking that I felt way better after I ran. If the weather holds up, I foresee a lot of running this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete